Let's Dominate Instagram.

In order to gain access to these message boards, you must purchase our eBook.
Your account will not be approved unless you register with the email you used to receive the eBook.

BLOG How to Find the Best Instagram Username

Discussion in 'Influx Social Blog' started by IGKing, Mar 26, 2017.

1. IGKing

IGKing Author & Administrator
    Staff Member

With over four hundred million users, good Instagram usernames are becoming harder and harder to find every day.

Think of them like domain names. If someone visits your site and wants to come back in the future, it's more likely that they will remember your website called apple.com better than bigred-juicyapple.xyz, and the same thing applies with IG.

Whenever you set up a new account, you should be aiming to get a short, simple, and most importantly catchy username that will look authoritative in a user's activity feed and also be easy to remember.

I've tried out a lot of tools, bots, websites and username checkers in the past that all claim to be the best way to "snipe" usernames, but the method I am about to share with you is honestly the best, and it's saved me hundreds of hours.

Now, this may surprise you, but I actually use a domain name suggestions website to come up with username ideas. The site, Leandomainsearch, takes a keyword you put in, runs it through its algorithm, and then comes out with literally thousands of two-word username ideas.

[​IMG]

This tool is not only good because it gives you ideas and inspiration for your Instagram username, but it also tells you whether the domain and twitter username are available, giving you the option to expand your brand further down the line.

The only downside to this tool is that it doesn't show you whether the Instagram @ is actually available or not, but you can easily find that out with a quick search (Go to instagram.com/[Ideal Username]

Hopefully, you enjoyed this quick little trick. I know a lot of people don't know about this and end up spend hours looking for a good name and then reverting to @apple129293__388 anyway. Please do let me know if you guys have any tips/ tricks when it comes to finding god usernames, I’m always on the lookout for new ideas to implement.

landt007, tranza, khaledb and 2 others like this.
  2. Woocash

Woocash Member

Personally I use this tool to check on which sites username is available ;) It's good tool when you are building new brand, because it will check free domain names too.

uliver, khaledb, Professor88 and 2 others like this.
  3. Ari Eko

Ari Eko Member

agree with leandomainsearch, i always use it.... this is great....

4. Adako

Adako New Member

Thanks for this. Finally I can check if username is taken.

5. notapplicable

notapplicable Member

If you type the username into the box when you're creating a new account, it will give you a check if it's available or an X if it's taken. I use this to quickly create dozens or hundreds of new account names.